Saturday 3 December 2011

Day 7 - Favourite Super Special

30 Days of the Baby-Sitters Club
Day 7 - Favourite Super Special

As a kid, Sea City, Here We Come! was definitely my favourite book. I must have read it at least ten times. It just seemed so exciting, with the hurricane hitting Sea City and everyone having to evacuate and pack up their stuff and take emergency measures. I live in Scotland and we never have extreme weather. The biggest thing that's happened to me weather-wise is the extreme snow we had in 2010, and the most that happened then was that Tesco ran out of bread and milk for a day because the Forth Road Bridge was shut because of snow! So books with extreme weather emergencies were always exciting to me.

And to be honest, they still are! I reread Snowbound recently and found that I enjoyed it a lot more than I'd remembered. Although there's extreme weather in this book, all of the situations were much more normal and realistic than in the Sea City book, and the girls have their parents help them out when they're stuck with their baby-sitting charges! Definitely one of the more "real" Super Specials.

No comments:

Post a Comment