Monday 15 August 2011

Leapblog Tag - I'm IT!

I WANT MY CHRISTIAN FICTION!

Tag - you're it! That's right, you've been chosen as someone very special and unique in our Christian Fiction Devourers Group on Goodreads! ...And we'd like to know more about you. So please share 7 unique/little known facts about yourself and the best book you've read in the past 7 months.
  1. I'm engaged to get married in July 2012, to my lovely Simon :)
  2. I grew up just outside of Edinburgh in Scotland, but now I live in St. Andrews, where I'm studying at university.
  3. I didn't leave the UK until I was seventeen. So far, I've only been to Europe and have visited Poland and Germany.
  4. My current summer job is working as a Customer Service Advisor for Scottish Water. (In short, I work in a call centre and deal with angry customers who have had their water cut off or have sewage overflowing into their garden...never a dull moment!)
  5. My guilty pleasure when it comes to reading is the Babysitters Club series by Ann M. Martin. I own about 50 of these books and would someday like to have collected the whole series for my daughters to read. If I'm blessed with sons then I hope to have some very lucky, bookaholic nieces!
  6. I'm slowly learning to knit, and have started by making squares which I hope to someday have enough of to make into a blanket. There's a charity shop in St. Andrews that sells lots of interesting wool for £1.49 per ball so I'm getting some interesting colours to blend together.
  7. Me and my fiance make sure that we spend one night a week with just the two of us, no matter how stressful our workload has got at university. We generally cook a meal together (i.e. Simon cooks and I sit on the sofa and drink wine and am occasionally called upon to chop some garlic or stir some food around a pan), share a bottle of Aldi's finest £2.99 wine and watch a film. But it's never yet got monotonous, so we'll be continuing this tradition next semester :)
My favourite book over the past seven months has to be Lilly's Wedding Quilt by Kelly Long. I've raved about this book that I reckon Simon could probably write an essay explaining why I love it so much! Check out my review here to see why I loved it so much.

I'm going to tag the lovely Lorie of For The Love of Reading, because I know that she enjoys similar books to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment