Thursday 30 September 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights eagerly awaited upcoming releases. Head on over there to take part or to check out all the other fabulous books that people are looking forward to reading! 

The book that I'm most looking forward to is A Place of Peace by Amy Clipston, book three in the Kauffman Amish Bakery series, which is released in December 2010. I've read the first two books and loved them! Amy Clipston is one of my favourite authors of Amish fiction and I'd definitely recommend her if you haven't checked her out already.

Miriam Lapp, who left the Amish community in Pennsylvania three years ago, is heartbroken when her sister calls to reveal that her mother has died suddenly. Traveling home to Pennsylvania, she is forced to face the heartache from her past, including her rift from her family and the break up of her engagement with Timothy Kauffman. Her past emotional wounds are reopened when her family rejects her once again and she finds out that Timothy is in a relationship with someone else. Miriam discovers that the rumors that broke them up three years ago were all lies. However, when Timothy proposes to his girlfriend and Miriam's father disowns her, Miriam returns to Indiana with her heart in shambles. When Miriam's father has a stroke, Miriam returns to Pennsylvania, and her world begins to fall apart, leaving her to question her place in the Amish community and her faith in God.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Rachel! I'm honored to be featured on your blog!
    Blessings,
    Amy Clipston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, thanks for checking out my blog! I'll be sure to write a review of your latest book when I get it - definitely going on my Christmas wishlist! :)

    Rachel
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nearly finished reading the 2nd book and I'm loving it too! Even read it in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep, and then enjoyed being awake ;)
    Can't wait to read no 3 either!
    Thank you for introducing these books to me Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, glad you're enjoying them so much! I think these books are rather underrated in the Amish genre but I love them :) I'm hoping that I get some money/vouchers at Christmas so I can buy #3.

    ReplyDelete