Thursday 9 September 2010

"Life is Good" Blog Award

Thanks so much to Dizzy of Dizzy C's Little Book Blog for this award! It's lovely to be so appreciated. Dizzy also writes a great book blog that I'd recommend checking out.

Now for the criteria:

To accept the award you must link back and thank the person who gave you the Life is Good award and answer the 10 questions and pass it along to 6 other blogs :)

1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?

I've just started blogging but I do have information about who I am and where I'm from on my blog. Not enough to attract stalkers but enough to make myself personal and easy to relate to, I like to think.

2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

Today I bought a return ticket to the next town, where I volunteer in the church office. The bus only leaves once an hour and we missed the one at 4:20. My friend suggested that we just walk the three miles home but I insisted on waiting for the 5:20 bus because I'd paid for my ticket!

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

I see a slim brunette with very pale skin and a few "beauty spots" here and there, who wears rather funky purple glasses and colour co-ordinated jewellery. I can look older or younger than my 19 years depending on whether I dress myself up or down or wear make up (not very often).


4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?

I discovered Pimms this summer, thanks to my boyfriend's parents, and I love it! A very British drink, quite popular in St. Andrews.

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Watch a lot of rubbish TV shows online (since I don't own a TV) such as Scrubs or Friends, spend too much time on the internet, or read my "comfort read" books, such as my favourite kids books.

6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

Since I'm only nineteen I still have a lot to accomplish! Ideally, I'd like to finish university with a good degree, and perhaps get a job in the publishing industry and hopefully one day become an author. My main desire in life, though, is to get married and have a family.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever , the shy person, or always ditching?

I was quite shy and studious at school. I wasn't an overachiever but I got good grades and worked hard at the subjects I enjoyed, like English, History and Art.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?

I can't exactly visualise this moment, but the moment that I realised how advanced my grandma's Alzheimer's had got and how much she'd changed in the last few years was very poignant. 

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

As my book is primarily a book blog, I don't reveal a lot about my life, unless it's in relating my life to a subject or experience in a novel. I don't mind talking about myself here and there but I wouldn't reveal anything incredibly personal.

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why? 

Hmm, difficult question. I do enjoy a good chat and it's nice to catch up with my mum, or my boyfriend, who currently lives 90 minutes away and we only get to see each other twice a month. I do find it hard to find time to read right now, but I find it more difficult to find time to have a chat, so probably talking on the phone!

I am passing this award on to:

My Usless Crafts

WV Stitcher

A Dream of Books

Lost in a Good Book

Sarah's Book Reviews

Family Life

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Rachel!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Rachel on receiving the award and thanks so much for passing it on to me, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete